Friday, December 21, 2012

Stop pretending.

I know it's there and I know you feel it, too. And just now, maybe you slipped and told me the real reason why you don't get attached. Because you're leaving soon. And I know I make no sense when I say that it's fine. But really, it's fine.

It's just sad that you keep pushing what's here down below - down where not even you can notice that it's there. But what's undeniable is that current flowing between us when we're together, side-by-side. It's that kilig I get when I'm next to you and we're just talking. It's that jitters I get from knowing I'll see you soon and I'm not pretty enough. Okay, I am pretty enough. But still. (You know I'm kidding, right?)

Why can't we admit that it's there? Why are we too scared to take that leap of faith? Why are we settling when we can have so much more? Why can't you say to me the words I've been waiting so long to hear? Why can't you tell me that you're the one to help me fix what has long been broken?

Haven't I made you feel the way you want to? I'm sure I have. And besides, what's there to make sure of? Love's a gamble, life's a game. And if I bet on you, I want you to bet on us. I assure you if you go all-in, we'll win this one. So please, take that chance.

I'm longing to touch you and hold you but you won't let me. You won't let me feel attached because you're scared. And a coward wins nothing but safety and loneliness. So yeah, take that chance on me, mister. Make me happy again and I will never make you feel sad.

No comments: